The SCROLL of Phi Delta a for May, 1943
CHARTER MEMBERS OF INDIANA THETA
Left to right, top row: L. V. Gould, '9); C. L. Grimes, '93, and C. W. Brown, '94. Second row: R. G.
Morgan, '94, O. L, Simmons, '94, and M. B. Wells. '94. Third row: F. G. Tingley, '93; F. C. Lingenfelter, '94, and A. S. Richey, '94. In the front are A. B. Dodd, '93, and E. B. Hyde, '95.
Fifty Years at Story of Achievement
Indiana Theta of the A a Gold
Star chapter at the 1942 Convention and
for many years one of the outstanding
units of the Fraternity, was 50 years old
on March 17.
The completion of 50 successful years
inarks complete vindication for that
small band of men who in 1893 fought,
and lost, to have a A charter granted
at Purdue. The Purdue group was initi-
ated, but as a branch of the DePauw
They carried the fight to the 1894
Convention at Indianapolis, and there
they succeeded in putting through an
amendment to the Constitution which
provided for the chartering of chapters
at technical schools, in addition to the
liberal arts institutions which had been
exclusively favored up to that time. The